Beasts of the Southern Wild
Not so much an entry, but want to capture some quotes from this movie that I just watched. I may come back to some of these later:
And that says it all.
- The whole universe depends on everything fitting together just right. If one piece busts, even the smallest piece... the entire universe will get busted.
- Sometimes you can break something so bad, that it can't get put back together.
- When you're small, you gotta fix what you can.
- When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. Everybody loses the thing that made them. It's even how it's supposed to be in nature. The brave men stay and watch it happen, they don't run.
- As I stand by the bayou, I watch a ship as she disappears. There, she is gone. And we cry for this. But she's not gone. She is just as real as when she left me. And somewhere else, other voices are calling out: "Here she comes." And that is dying. Here she comes!
- I see that I am a little piece of a big, big universe, and that makes things right.
- The scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy, and she lived with her daddy in the Bathtub.
And that says it all.
Comments